Choosing a baby carrier to wear your little one
When it comes to baby carriers, there are so many colors, brands, shapes, budgets and designs that it would be a daunting task to try to repertoriate them all. If you are new to the babywearing world, it might be overwhelming to look at all the options trying to find out whats best for baby and you.
What to ask yourself when choosing a carrier?
Making a choice depends on baby and you. Ask yoursef: "what are my needs?"
Here is a few questions to help you narrow your choices:
- When will you mostly use the carrier: indoor, outdoor, social gatherings, long walks, etc.?
- What will you mostly use it for: running errands, doing housework, carrying baby for walks, bonding, soothing?
- What carrier fits my baby's needs: how hold is your little one? how much does he weights? How developed is his spine? How well maintained is his neck?
- What do you priviledge: easyness? rapidity? comfort? style?
- Will you be the sole user? Or maybe others will be using the carrier too?
- How long will you babywear and up to what age/weight would you like your carrier to go?
- What is your budget? Do you plan on reselling your carrier once you don't use it anymore?